Talking of customers, CSO´s, engineers and other IT security people could give me some insights of what companies are looking for in 2012 in terms of overall IT security.
Far from a reality or a survey, this is more my personal view of how things will gonna be this year:
- Mobile Devices - How to secure so many different devices? How to define borders in a borderless network?
- Identify Management - How to ensure the proper identity management process and tools when too many systems are moving to outside the organization?
- Cloud Computing - How to securely take full advantage of it?
- Incident Response - Some attacks cannot be prevented. How can I detect it earlier and act properly?
- Log Management - How to proper handle all these logs and how to extract useful information from it?
- Deployment of Advanced Anti Malware Technologies
- Deployment of Next Generation Security Devices (Firewall/IPS)
- Deployment of Endpoint/Network DLP
- Push for content Encryption
- Move applications securely to the Cloud
- Intrusion Prevention
- Secure Communication
- Anti Malware
- Strong Authentication Systems
What do you think? Agree, Disagree?
Le me know your thoughts and comments.
Best Regards and whishes of a great 2012!