The (ISC)² Chapter program provides opportunities for chapter leaders to gather together at regional Security Congress events. These chapter-specific events are called Chapter Leadership Meetings, or CLMs. At these events, chapters leaders can meet Chapter Program Staff, network with chapter officers, exchange resources, and learn how they can develop and grow their chapter.
Recently, there were CLM events in both the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin-America (LATAM) regions. The CLM meetings had chapter leaders represented from local many regional chapters such as:
LATAM: Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Peru, and Uruguay
APAC: Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Japan, Korea, Shanghai, and Singapore
Chapter leaders were able to share information about their chapter activities, challenges, and accomplishments, as well as provided feedback and generated discussion on chapter engagement, membership, and community involvement. Chapter leaders were also able to meet with members of the (ISC)² Leadership team to learn more about what’s happening at (ISC)² and within the chapter program.
The APAC region held its CLM on July 10, 2018 in Hong Kong at the (ISC)² Security Congress APAC. The meeting included dinner, as well as a welcome address from David Shearer, CEO of (ISC)2, and Clayton Jones, APAC’s regional managing director. During the meeting, chapter leaders in attendance provided a short summary of how their chapter activities are going, as well as shared some accomplishments such as:
- Singapore Chapter – Introduced a Member-Get-Member promotion, and 1st year free membership for new (ISC)² credential holders in 2018
- Korea Chapter – Started their own Safe and Secure Online program for local schools in their community
- Japan Chapter – Formed a Tokyo 2020 Olympic games support group among chapter members
The meeting was very productive, beginning with a review of the (ISC)² vision and mission and the high-level chapter goals of creating opportunities of networking for (ISC)² members and candidates, providing them CPE opportunities and developing actions for Community awareness on information security.
The Chapter Team also made important updates on:
- Regional membership stats
- Opportunities for promoting all (ISC)² certifications
- Credentials and exams updates
- The CPE Portal and (ISC)² CPE Handbook
- (ISC)² official self-study resources
- Re-cap of the (ISC)² chapter guidelines
Each chapter representative also made a brief presentation on the initiatives developed for their communities this year and what is planned for the coming months. (ISC)² COO Wesley Simpson, as well as the regional managing director of the (ISC)² LATAM team, Gina van Dijk, welcomed the volunteers.