Malware through Word, hacked robots and cloud disasters? No wonder we have anxiety. These are the top security headlines for the week of August 21, 2017:
- Clippy never warned us about this! Attackers are exploiting a Microsoft Word feature that auto-updates links to install malware.
- The financial impact of a breach is always being reported on, but what about the mental and emotional cost?
- What’s its mission? Collaborative and industrial robots are under the “hacker microscope” according to Dark Reading and could be vulnerable.
- Cloud causing more damage than a hurricane? It’s possible.
- Further proving the “it’s not if, but when” adage, 55% of organizations have suffered a cyberattack.
- Maybe this is why? Most sysadmins (86%) are using basic passwords.
- “Your concerns are valid” says Wired, in their tech-based Anxiety Matrix.