Pseudo-ransomware and struggling security budgets. Here are the top security headlines for the week of August 14, 2017:
- Who would have thought we would long for the days when ransomware was ransomware. Now it’s all too complicated.
- Bitcoin is going mainstream, but does that mean it’s a bad investment?
- In a case of the cobbler’s children have no shoes, data brokers seem to be lacking basic security.
- Raise the roof! It looks like cybersecurity might be hitting a ceiling when it comes to spending.
- No spoilers, but HBO has been hacked again and OurMine is taking over their social accounts.
- LG is the latest victim of WannaCry-like Ransomware