We are excited to announce the final speaker agenda for our 5th annual CyberSecureGov training event being held May 9-11, 2017, at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, D.C. This year, we are offering a 3-day event, which means more great sessions and more CPEs!
“If you work for the U.S. government – either as a contractor or direct hire – cybersecurity is now your job,” said Dan Waddell, CISSP, CAP, PMP, managing director, North America Region, and director of U.S. government affairs, (ISC)². “More and more, government agencies are requiring good cyber hygiene practices in contracts, job descriptions, performance reviews and employee training programs. This year’s CyberSecureGov’s three-day agenda will host world-renowned experts from government and industry, both inside and outside the Beltway, who will help attendees develop a security mindset throughout all levels of the government workforce.”
A few of the topics being addressed include: The 2016 Election, Blockchain, Bug Bounty and Disclosure, Russian Operations, Purple Teaming, Cyber Literacy and much more!
Keynote speakers include:
- Kevin Johnson, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, chief executive officer (CEO), Secure Ideas
- David Kennedy, QSA, OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, ISO 27001, GSEC, MCSE, founder of TrustedSec, Binary Defense Systems and DerbyCon and a member of the (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Christopher Pogue, MSIT, CISSP, CREA, GCFA, QSA, chief information security officer (CISO), Nuix
- Paul Rosenzweig, principal, Red Branch Consulting
- David Shearer, CISSP, CEO, (ISC)²
- Gen. (RET) Gregory J. Touhill, CISSP, CISM, former federal CISO
- Gen. Sarah E. Zabel, CISSP, vice director, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), U.S. Air Force
Keynote panels include:
- "Encryption and Privacy Protections - The Third Rail" with Adam Rak, senior vice president, Bond & Associates; Phillip J. Bond,president & CEO of Bond & Associates; Nicole Tisdale, democratic staff director and counsel, House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence; Danielle Sheer, general counsel, Carbonite; Will Ackerly, CTO and co-founder, Virtru; and Austin Carson, executive director, TechFreedom
- “The 2017 Global Information Security Workforce Study by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education and (ISC)² - a U.S. Government Perspective" with Rodney J. Peterson, director of National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce; Dan Waddell, CISSP, CAP, PMP, managing director, North America Region, and director of U.S. government affairs, (ISC)²; and Ron Sanders, vice president and fellow, Booz Allen Hamilton
Breakout session speakers include executives from: DHS, NIST, State of Delaware, U.S. Trade and Development Agency, Federal Reserve, Bugcrowd, KPMG, Kaspersky Government Security Solutions, MobileIron, Ernst & Young, Cisco Systems, Intel, Tripwire and more!
If the exceptional speaker line-up is not enough reason to register, this year at CyberSecureGov, attendees can also participate in the CyberSecureGov Career Fair, compete for prizes in a King-of-The-Hill style offensive/defensive competition and can enjoy an evening of networking at the GISLA Awards Gala.
For the full speaking agenda, schedule of events and to register, please visit the cybersecuregov.isc2.org.