Are you looking to start an (ISC)² Chapter in your area? The enrollment period for chapters in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and North America regions is now open through February 5. Through the chapter program, (ISC)² members and other information security professionals further advance the organization’s vision to inspire a safe and secure cyber world by sharing knowledge, raising security awareness and advancing information security in local communities around the world.
To be eligible to start a chapter, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be an (ISC)² member in good standing for a minimum of three years.
- Be a resident of the area in which you plan to start a chapter for at least one year.
- Have proven leadership experience in a professional setting.
- Not currently serving as an officer of another security chapter organization.
- No previous convictions of criminal activity or conduct.
Since lifting the moratorium on chapters this month, we have already received several applications from the two regions, and we look forward to receiving more! The new chapter application process is streamlined and entirely online, making it easier to get started.
To submit a chapter application, visit https://isc2chapters.communityforce.com/
Open enrollment for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin America (LATAM) region chapters will begin in Q2 2017. Keep an eye on our blog for an announcement.